Outfit 002


There are some moments that make Florida seem not-so-awful. One of those moments happened over a sunny weekend in South Florida. A spontaneous, quick trip to Hallandale Beach surprised us with the most beautiful teal water- and a great opportunity to create some outfits that really showcased the star of this show- sunglasses.

I love sunglasses. The larger and more outlandish the better. I like to think that they are my one loud style statement. Overall I'd consider my wardrobe fairly classic and minimal (let's be honest it's 90% black, white, and denim) but sunglasses... they are a flashy exception to that rule.

Along with a mandatory beach stop- we also grabbed lunch in West Palm Beach at Cholo Soy Cocina, which had the actual best plantain chips. I would eat a bag of them daily. In addition, it provided a really great, outfit-coordinated photo spot.

In the spirit of spring-cleaning and the aforementioned minimalism, I want to give a minimalist closet another shot. I've attempted to simplify my wardrobe multiple times (but always fail). Surprisingly, cutting back on shopping has proved the easiest part of the task. Any new purchases I do make, I make sure they are versatile, staple pieces. I'm doing pretty well so far- and I know I just wrote about clearance shopping - but they were basics so they don't count. And I will never stop buying sunglasses.








Comments

Popular Posts