Outfit 001


I love buying things. I hate spending money. Occasionally I appease this monster through impulsive cheap purchases. A cat pen whose tail is the clicker, an action figure to be tucked in a faraway corner, a small succulent. In this particular case, I entered Target in one of these moods. Read: MISTAKE. However, what could have been a tragedy for my wallet turned out quite well...this time. The pictured shirt, earrings, and jeans were all purchased on a single clearance binge- and each piece was under ten dollars. What's more- they are in neutral colors and are fairly versatile. I left victorious & with my credit card relatively unscathed.


That evening we went on a pretend-to-be-fancy date, so I swapped the sandals for a small heeled ankle-boot (I think the boots actually suited the outfit better; live & learn).  I made reservations at Flying Fish at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. As a veggie, I was fully planning on praying that their salad and sides were life-changing. With some casual Googling, I found evidence of a secret vegetarian menu. Let me just tell you- the secret menu exists- and is amazing. I ordered the tofu- which was so perfectly seasoned and plated like a filet (it feels nice to be included, okay).

In the end, there are three lessons to be gleaned. One: you can make an outfit out of all clearance items and not look like you have a red sale sticker on your forehead. Two: boots go better with this outfit, and probably most outfits. And, Three: always ask if there's a secret vegetarian menu at swanky restaurants.









Comments

Popular Posts