Photo Diary 001 | Harry Potter Celebration


As a self-proclaimed muggle-born who never got her Hogwarts letter (now I know I was also scorned by Ilvermorny- not sure what exactly I did wrong here), one of the greatest perks of being a Universal Orlando pass-holder is admission to A Celebration of Harry Potter.  This year's event took place January 26-28, and I'm lucky (magical) enough that it was my second time attending. From the teams that brought the stories to the screen, to examples of the magic that art plays in storytelling, some of the most spell-binding moments are captured below 

P.S. -- Scroll to see The Dog Who Lived - definitely my highlight of the day)



I urge you to take a moment to appreciate the true magicians in our world: artists - especially the two ladies creating gorgeous Luna chalk-art live at the event. The ability to transform, create, and inspire is so undervalued- and it is a form of magic that is gifted to us by artists everyday, and surrounds us if we choose to see it.




The images above were taken in the traveling exhibit of Warner Bros. Studio Tour London- The Making of Harry Potter. The carpet seen at my feet below ballooned Aunt Marge is the actual Privet Drive carpet. I know, *collective gasp*.


Told you, best part.




This event is exceptional for a few reasons, and it was especially so this year, during the 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter. The power and impact that words, stories, and art has is evident through the world of a boy wizard. It binds so many together through shared experience, shared passion, and lasting memories. It is so special to see so many people unapologetically celebrate something they love. Stay magical, witches.

Comments

Popular Posts