Outfit 51 | Simplicity


It's exciting to work on complex, big projects, but lately I've been drawn to more simple pieces that I can dream up and make in a day. I purchased the fabric for this top in the evening, and started sewing the next morning. By the time we were headed out for dinner at a friend's house, I was wearing a new top. It was rewarding in a new way. It wasn't a challenge for me to sew, but it felt like a feat all the same.

A couple of weekends ago we ventured on a day trip to go to a 'friends of the library' book sale for my birthday. An impressive winding of people, waiting to into an old building with dusty concrete floors and well-loved books looking for their next home. Along with plenty of fiction (including books #8 and #9 of Wheel of Time... I am currently only on book #3) I found a sewing book that I am so excited to dig in to. It's focused on foundational pieces, on versality between seasons and daily wearability. This is what I want my focus of sewing to be this year. To not be so precious about the things I've made, to wear them more frequently with less care, and more pride.

Pattern: Bathurst Top by Stitch Witch Patterns.


Comments

Popular Posts