Photo Diary 002 | Boston


Early this month I traveled to Rhode Island for a family gathering-- with one day dedicated to a mandatory day-trip to Boston.  My favorite east coast city, Boston is home to the Museum of Fine Arts, the Boston Common, and the Boston Public Garden

For the day, I decided to wear what I jokingly dubbed my "museum outfit"- a moniker that unfortunately stuck with my family. The black-turtleneck-with-hair-tied-back look has also been called the "Steve Jobs" by my sister. Maybe he's actually my style icon...


The city of Boston holds a place in my heart - and the juxtaposition of old and historically-rich with the innovation and diversity that's found in cities - makes places like Boston so intriguing. Spending the day wandering around the museum with my family, laughing, and enjoying time together that has become more rare- is what made it so special.  

An issue that my motley Oregonian crew has is that we stick out like a giant green thumb when we visit any metropolis. This has lead to my mantra-- when in doubt and you want to look artsy (& like you belong in the city): wear all black. Even better, just wear all black all the time. 

Keep a lookout for part two- with adventures and outfits set amongst a backdrop of the beautiful state of Rhode Island.






Comments

Popular Posts