Photo Diary 003 | Providence, RI


As mentioned in my previous Photo Diary, I recently voyaged to Rhode Island for the first time. My first impression... Rhode Island is a beautiful, charming, and cold place. As a reluctant Floridian, I have to admit that anything below 40 degrees now feels like the tundra. Despite my whining- I got to wear winter clothes that have been so sadly neglected- and enjoy exploring a new state.



We visited three cities during the trip: Providence, Pawtucket, and Newport. The first two were on the itinerary. Newport, however, was a spontaneous decision. My plan-loving personality hates to say it, but sometimes spontaneous truly is the best. We stumbled across gorgeous rolling hills, a historic coastal fort, one of the country's oldest taverns, and a re-sale shop that caught my eye because of the adorable dog keeping an eye on me through the window.

The streets of Providence were scattered with compact, unique shops and amazing food (always the most important factor of any trip). Rhode Island impressed me, and I can't wait until I find my way back. I think I may have even fallen in love with the state- just a little. After all, I am still a west-coast girl at heart.












Comments

Popular Posts