Outfit 003


The reason I was in Rhode Island in the first place was to attend a gala honoring my late great-uncle. In addition to being a top-notch-business man and a wonderful person, my great-uncle epitomized the importance of occasional fanciness. So, when I heard gala- the first thing I thought was: what will I wear? Not in a panicked way, but I felt that what I wore this day held more importance than just a regular outfit. Immediately I had a few ideas in my head: black and white (of course) and jumpsuit.
Why I instinctively went jumpsuit is still a mystery to me, but if there was thing that was sure- I was going to be wearing a one-piece, two-legged outfit to this event. After a normal amount of online shopping, I found this classic, tux-style jumpsuit from Greylin at anthropologie. I ordered the size I felt was the most accurate and crossed my fingers. Unfortunately my body doesn’t cooperate or accept size charts and I had to get it tailored anyway- but seriously people- having something like this custom-fit is worth every penny.

I finished the look with a the most beautiful, *subtly glittery* pair of Michael Kors heels, hair pulled back, and simple accessories. I felt understated, elegant, and confident that I belonged -surrounded by these people- in this special moment. Clothing can sometimes be just that-- but it can also be a way to connect, express, and experience.





Comments

Popular Posts