Outfit 009


I have been very inspired by the 1970s of late- gathering ideas from the likes of Jane Birkin, Kate Jackson, Ali MacGraw, and Stevie Nicks. After some style-soul-searching, I think I've defined my style as a modern take on 70s fashion. There is an fun ease to 70s dressing-- from the warm colors, classic patterns (stripes, florals, paisley), and a perfect balance of masculine/feminine. In terms of makeup & beauty, the decade leans toward more subdued, and I think I've settled on bangs for good. This outfit captures my take on the 1970s in one quick look: an off-the shoulder ruffle, denim skirt (which you've seen before- I'm all about getting the most out of clothes) and a tall-heeled boot.


I think my next style challenge is figuring out how to translate this style into office-appropriate clothing. This is something I've always struggled with. I get trapped in such a box of what I believe to be "work clothes" that I end up feeling very *blah* about my work wardrobe. Maybe a key to this is to start having some fun with my work clothes the same way I do with the rest of my wardrobe. Little by little- hopefully the confidence will transfer over.

And of course, personal style is always evolving, so who knows? Next year I might be entirely past this decade. That's the fun part though: no matter what anyone says there are no rules to style. Wear what you enjoy & what makes you feel good in the moment-- have fun with the clothes you wear!


Top -  maurices
Skirt - asos
Shoes - unknown
Bag - Angela Roi



Comments

Popular Posts