Outfit 006



Hello and welcome to another installment of 'Amanda Wears Stripes and Denim'. It really feels like I have defined and refined my personal style in the past year. So many times in the past I would find myself trying (and faltering) to wear something that was trendy at the time. The importance of developing personal style over changing in order to fit a trend has only recently dawned on me. I am now happy to acquiesce into my classic, neutral, but not-necessarily boring - wardrobe.


Despite the fact that this outfit may feel slightly repetitious- it's all about small details. I just updated my hybrid watch band to a lighter sand color (something that maybe I'm slightly too excited about? Nah). I also really love the rose-gold color of the buttons on this skirt. The other thing I really love about this skirt is the weight of the fabric. There's something about a hefty denim that just says luxury to me- which I know is strange... but I like celebrating the minor things.

Not everything has to be flashy or scream it's worth out to the world. The quiet but assured confidence of the denim skirt -- a piece of clothing that has stuck around for almost five decades-- is the kind of confidence that I can get on board with.


Top - maurices
Skirt - asos
Shoes - Target
Sunglasses - Ray-Ban


Comments

Popular Posts