Outfit 005


The Fourth of July has never been a major holiday for me. Back home it would usually consist of a backyard barbecue and handful of tiny fireworks lit in the street (my favorite being the climbing panda- it's a yearly must).  That being said- and I think I've mentioned this before- I will never skip an opportunity for themed dressing.


If there is one thing that Independence Day calls for it's a color scheme. On top of that- what's more Americana than denim? Originally I didn't have this light denim button-up thrown over top, but I felt a little bare without it. And on an occasion like this -- double denim is actually a plus. My favorite part of this outfit is definitely the shorts- I got them on immense clearance at the end of last summer- and they are begging to be worn with this outfit. I love the wash of this denim, and the mixture of embroidery & patchwork stars adds just enough whimsy.

On a final/side note-  I know a lot of people wrestled with celebrating this year. But the way I like to see it is a celebration of the good people in this world; and the hope that positivity, love, acceptance and tolerance will eventually win.



Top - Gypsy Rose (Forema Boutique)
Denim Shirt - Free People
Shorts - Old Navy
Shoes - Saltwater Sandals
Scarf- Vintage


Comments

Popular Posts