Outfit 008



I love weddings. Actually I just love love-- and what is a more love-centric event than a wedding? I'm now the age that weddings (and babies) are becoming much more frequent - I'm lying to myself like this is new, it's been this way for about 5 years.... anywho! It's been a wedding-dense few months. My sister was married in August & I am so happy to have been a part of her day. However, for this wedding I was a guest. It was fantastic. On top of it all- I got to wear this amazing suede, fringe, burgundy dress, which I found on thredUP.

If you are new around here, you may not know how much of a thrifting fan I am. That being said, since moving to Florida I've struggled to get my thrift on. It just isn't the scene it is back home (there are barely recycling bins here, it hurts my tree-huggin' heart). That's why I was so excited to find thredUP. It's like a thrift-store where the dirty-work of sorting through the piles of gross has already been done for you. Finding news ways to shop responsibly is something that I am passionate about. The fashion industry creates so much waste- anything we can do to extend the life of a product or make a sustainable purchase is so important! 

In addition, this was originally a $200-something dress, which I bought for $30. Especially for special-event (aka expensive) dressing- buying something gently-used is also fiscally responsible. Happy earth, happy wallet, happy closet. 



Dress - Chelsea & Violet
Shoes - a new day (Target)
Bag - maurices

Comments

Popular Posts