My State Fair Lady


I don't know if you've ever noticed, but there is something just so strange about state fairs. I love it. I don't know if it's the mix of people, the environment, or a combination of many eclectic traits. What I do know is that they are a great place for people watching, fawning over cute animals (I seriously love cows & pygmy goats- don't even get me started), and eating grease-ball foods.


Further reasons why state fairs are the best:


  • I found a vintage jewelry stand and loaded up on enamel pins. Best part: they were all $1. 
  • Disney follows me wherever I go. I ran to see this wonderful reproduction of the live-action Cinderella ball gown. I need it.
  • Carnivals are weird, including the carnies. Talk about some great people watching (except by the balloon-dart stand. I will not linger around that jump-scare factory).  Also, the carousel this year was surprisingly pretty. 
  • Two words: Funnel Cake. I'm going to be completely honest right now and say that this funnel cake was the best that I've ever had the privilege of eating. It wasn't too greasy, or heavy, or sweet. It was light and airy and....what was this blog post about again?
  • Cute animals. Now I know what you might be thinking. "Amanda, aren't these animals technically all on death row?" Maybe, but in the scheme of things these babies have lived very happy lives, and I'll be darned if I'm not going to give them some love. 

So, while I'm not sure what state fairs are like in your neck of the woods, here in the pacific northwest they're kinda amazing. Believe me, I'm a pro. 







Comments

Popular Posts