Farmers Market | Essential Oils & Doughnuts


I absolutely love farmer's markets. There's something about buying local products, and meeting the hands that make them, that just makes things feel as if they possess a deeper worth. Markets in the Portland area are especially great, and I'm not sure whether that's because I'm just biased or if it's truth. It is always exciting to go to a new market because each is so unique, and with this one we really hit the jackpot.


Among the amazing things we got to experience (and purchase) were: Pip's Doughnuts, which we ordered in Cinnamon & Sugar and Nutella & Sea Salt, an amazing chimichurri sauce that I cannot wait to cook with this summer (mediterranean pilaf & tofu I'm talking about you), and Wandering Goods essential oils.

Let me just tell you, I got these bottles of essential oils for $4 each. FOUR DOLLARS. That is so incredibly cheap. If you are in the Portland area, they go to various farmer's markets and sell at this same price- so lucky you. One of my goals this summer is to learn more about essential oils and herbal aromatherapy benefits. I have always loved the smell of natural scents and I cannot wait to learn more about how each is linked with our feelings and emotions. Scent is so powerful... do I have hippie tendencies? One hundred percent yes. 

If there is a local farmers' market in your area, I really urge you to go and spend some time. The actual human interaction (scary, I know) is really refreshing and you never know what treasures you may find. Even if you don't, you got to spend some time outside and I guarantee made some crafts-people feel appreciated.







Comments

Popular Posts