Photo Diary 004 | Fall Dapper Day



It's becoming easier to gauge how fast time passes by the seemingly short distance between Spring and Fall Dapper Days. While my outfit for Spring Dapper Day was 1960s inspired, I wanted to go with a late 40s theme for Fall. After planning, shopping for, and showing up in the completed look -- it was pointed out to me that I accidentally, or subconsciously channeled the amazing Peggy Carter.


In my last post, I wrote about buying secondhand. Well, I am obviously a creature of habit- because this dress was also a secondhand buy- and yet again a brand-new with tags. This originally priced $200 dress was about $30. Another win for my wallet & the planet! Not to mention this dress is amazing, feels luxurious, and I will definitely be wearing it again.

The most challenging part of retro-inspired looks (for me) is hair and makeup. It's also the major push that changes an outfit from modern to retro. Going along with my apparent constant appreciation of Agent Carter- I wore Besame Cosmetics 1946 Red Velvet. If you are unfamiliar, Besame makes replica cosmetics from different decades, and this shade just so happened to be the lipstick used in the Agent Carter television show.

Joined by a crew of very dapper friends, I had an absolutely wonderful time at the Fall Outing. It is always so fun to see everyone embracing a day to be fancy for fancy's sake. Now before we know it it will be next Spring... I should probably pick a decade...


Dress- Bettie Page Designs
Shoes- Target
Gloves- Amazon
Bag- Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts