Spring Dapper Day



Since moving to Florida and therefore only being minutes away from Disney World, there is no viable excuse for missing Dapper Day. I will take any reason to dress-up, and I will revel in it. That being said- my outfit for this year’s Spring Dapper Day was slightly last minute. Despite having to scramble & shop my closet- I was pretty pleased with this 60s inspired, mod (and dapper) outfit.

For those who don’t know, Dapper Day is a community event that takes place on both coasts (both Disneyland and Disneyworld) in the spring and fall. Anyone who wishes to participate gets dressed up in their best and spends a day in the park (let's be honest- mainly taking pictures). There are no official rules for what qualifies as “dapper”, though many go retro for a nod to the opening dates of the parks. DisneyBounding, where outfits are themed around the colors and elements of a character, is also very popular.

When I say that my outfit was causal, I mean it. The time & detail that people dedicate to their Dapper looks is truly impressive. However- I’m still very happy with my look. This dress from Bonne Chance Collections is so cheeky- the allover print of fashionable people paired with the pale pink and sailor detailing is so silly it's perfect. I paired it with a high-bun, super round sunglasses, and a toned-down mod makeup look. The finishing touch was the lipstick- a replica 60s shade from Besame Cosmetics titled “Portrait Peach”.





Comments

Popular Posts