Clean Beauty


Along with my head-first dive into yoga - which has been one of the best habits I've formed this year -I've recently decided to make the switch to clean beauty products. It is incredible the oversight the cosmetics and beauty industry is given in terms of toxins, skin irritants, and hormone disrupters. The skin is one of our largest organs- and we need to treat it with the respect it deserves.

A little background on my hair & skin: I have combination, acne-prone skin and suffer from occasional eczema flare-ups. My hair is thick with natural texture- and requires moisture (I aim for every-other-day washes). I am a creature of habit with a daily skin-care regimen and don't mind taking some time for self-care. With all of that in mind, keep reading to see what my first haul of natural beauty products included.



Not pictured but quite honestly my favorite new beauty discovery is Arm & Hammer Essentials Deodorant. Apparently this has been around for a while- I was just ignorant (and not the blissful kind). This deodorant is free from the aluminum and gross stuff that is in most traditional deodorants- read more on traditional deodorants if you're curious). Bottom line -- it actually works. I tried a couple natural ones that definitely did not before finding this gem.

Tea Tree Oil is a trusty favorite that was a simple restock. I always make sure I have some on deck. It is great for anyone who is acne prone- especially helpful on blind or cystic acne-- but please make sure you distill first and test a small area - and always get one that is 100% pure and states it is for topical use (not aromatherapy only).

Hask Shampoo & Conditioner -This was a spontaneous purchase. I did go into Target with the intention of getting sulfate & paraben free hair-care, but this particular store didn't carry what I had on my list. I am, however, a sucker for a sale- and these two were only $4.99. Obviously I had to buy them. I haven't had enough time to give a verdict on how they work on my hair-- but they smell amazing.

Pixi MultiBalm in Watermelon Veil- I'd been looking for a lip and cheek tint combination product and I found what I was looking for in Pixi. It is a little dry- which is fine for my face, but moisturizing lips before applying is a must.

Pixi Brow Tamer - I have naturally long eyebrows, so if they aren't set they can tend to go the wrong direction...which is less than ideal. I didn't want a tinted gel because I have a brow powder I'm fairly happy with- so this clear gel does the trick. It feels light, isn't visible on my brows, and holds pretty well- even in the Florida humidity.

And of course, how could I forget this aloe plant. I'm excited to find uses for the healing properties of this plant. Plus, a home can never have enough greenery. The switch to natural beauty is going to be a challenge for sure -- and a gradual change--but I feel inspired and committed to making healthier beauty choices.



Comments

Popular Posts