Thrifting Adventure | Renewed Addiction


I recently stopped by the local antique mall on a very specific mission and while I completed said mission, I also re-ignited a very dangerous addiction. Seriously I want everything. This particular antique mall practically doubled in size since the last time I had visited, so I was like a kid in a candy store. A very pretty candy store.

My main antiquing interest at the moment is clothing and accessories. There is just something so special about working vintage pieces into everyday wardrobe. As an added bonus, giving a second life to these pieces keeps them out of landfills and is beneficial to the planet. Not to mention, some styles and levels of workmanship just do not exist with the current fast fashion production line.

I am making it a goal to endeavor to work more and more of these vintage pieces into daily outfits. I'm not quite sure why, but for some reason it's hard to wear vintage styles consistently. I love the pieces, and I love the way they look on, but there is always some sort of lingering hesitation. Maybe because it takes more effort as I transition to a new style, or perhaps I'm worried about damaging the irreplaceable. Whatever the case, I am determined to defeat it and rock vintage fashions more often. 

Alright, off I go to dream of circle skirts and listen to Tower of Terror inspired playlists.


Comments

Popular Posts