Outfit 50 | Chop & Change


Change seems to be the word for the first part of this year. Change of marital status, name (once I actually send in my paperwork), scenery through travel, and more. I tend to like change when I'm prepared for it, or given enough of a heads up. It's fun to try new things, to hone new skills, or even uncover new ones in the process of learning and try, try, trying. Another change takes form in a big hair cut, the one I do every couple of years after growing my hair to Pre-Raphaelite lengths. In this case, the change was overdue. It was also time to get back into sewing, now that the wedding mania has trailed off to happy memories (except for that annoying paperwork). Enter the Dover Dress, which called me back to sewing with dreamy open arms.

I love this dress. I love everything about it. It has everything that I could ever want, a poof sleeve, ruffles, off-the-shoulder-neckline, and no zipper. The lace up back is in my opinion, a work of art in patternmaking. It allows cinching to the hearts' content, but is still comfortable and light. As we move into Spring, I'm choosing to go lighter. In hair, in clothing colors, and in heart. 

Pattern: Dover Dress by Stitch Witch Patterns.








Comments

Popular Posts