Outfit 016


It's now been more than two weeks since I have gone anywhere. My introverted self felt so prepared for this: no pressure to leave my house- sign me up! But as it turns out, staying in the same place takes its toll, even on homebodies. In an attempt to do something normal, I changed out of sweatpants for one day and put together an outfit, just because. Inspired by the fact that I didn't have to dress for any particular occasion, I was able to play a bit with incorporating some vintage silhouettes and color palette in this airy outfit.


This top and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the delicate placement of the lace, I love the princess seams, and I love the neckline. However, I also hate the neckline.  Looking at these photos the first time, I decided that my bra-straps ruined the outfit. No matter how I tried, they would keep slipping and ended up in every single photo. As a scrolled and sighed, my disappointment was so palpable that my ever-supportive photographer (boyfriend) offered to retake photos the next day. The bra straps had pushed me into a slump, not just about the outfit, but about, well, everything.

I keep struggling with this feeling of not doing enough in this time where so much is cancelled. Finding myself set higher expectations of improvement in everything I do in some cruel form of isolation perfectionism. After being cranky about this for a bit, the dwelling evolved into sadness. Why was I being so mean to myself? If there is one thing we can do in this time, it is to be gentle and patient with others, but also with ourselves. Things are weird. You can't expect things to go on as normal when nothing is normal.

Long story short: Be loving. Cut yourself some slack. It's not the end of the world if your bra straps show.








Comments

Popular Posts