Very Good Vegetarian | Favorite Foods 003


It's been a minute since I did a round up of amazing meatless meals, but in no way does that mean I wasn't still making food a top priority (food motivation is something me and Pikachu the cat have in common).

Keep reading for some highlights of tasty vegetarian foods, from Disney festival foods (like the amazing Impossible Meatball flatbread from Epcot's Flower and Garden pictured above) to dishes from my favorite spots-- and I'll be sure to point out where things are from so you can try them too!



Everything I get at Frontera Cocina. I'm not exaggerating, I love absolutely everything I order at Frontera. While I wish they had a couple more vegetarian entrees, its obvious from the above that you can still enjoy quite the feast here sin carne. Butternut Squash Salad (seasonal), Queso Fundido, Fried Plantains.


Fried Cauliflower from the Morocco stand at Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival. Oh boy, are these babies the right level of spicy. Great to share (or hoard and devour, up to you).


Twisted Tater from the Mardi Gras stands at Universal Hollywood. In the theme of spicy, I got my whole fried potato sprinkled in cajun seasoning -- but there are a bunch of options from garlic & parmesan to sour cream & onion (cajun is the best though).


Totchos with Vegan Chorizo from the Jacked Up Vegan food truck. I stood in a stupid-hot, sunny line at a pop-up market as soon as I read the description for this -- tater tots, vegan queso and chorizo, fried onions, avocado crema and jalapeños....just writing this made me hungry. 


Takos and Crispy Brussels from Market on South. Buried under the pretty purple cabbage is bbq jackfruit (yum) and their specially-seasoned tempeh --which was incredible. The crispy brussels are the dark horse here that I will always order as my side. They are truly crispy, just the perfect amount of lil greasiness and salty. YUM.


Butternut Squash Tacos from Nearly Normals Gonzo Cuisine. Throwing it back to my visit home-- I literally danced around when I found out that this seasonal special was available-- it is my FAVORITE. From the spicy squash to the balance of the kale and queso fresco-- they are perfect.


Black Bean Burger and Impossible Cheesesteak from Farmacy Vegan Kitchen + Bakery. The burger tasted wholesome and delicious, with a perfect burger bun. The cheesesteak was in Terrence's words: "the best use of Impossible yet". Not pictured the amazing lemon bar I had after, you know, to offset the wholesomeness of the burger.


While we are all working to do our best self-isolating... I'll be making a mental list of all of the places I want to visit once the dust settles. Sending love and wishes for tasty snacks!

Comments

Popular Posts