Outfit 015

 

I will never, ever pass up an opportunity to get dressed up. And when given a backdrop this pretty (hello NYC) there is no way I won't hop up on the windowsill, use the shutter control on my watch, and pose for a whole photoshoot.

For the Toy of The Year Awards, held in New York last month, I knew that I had to seize the chance to be as extra as possible. I wore a fluttery dress that magically gained a train (despite my best effort to wear a high-enough heel to combat my height) and the said beautiful pair of patent-not-leather heels. Both pieces, noteworthy for their own reason...


This BCBGMAXAZRIA dress was found on thredUP, a secondhand site I mentioned in my Thrifting Tips, for 20% of the tag price. The layered tulle gave it such fun movement that just felt happy to wear. With a floral-reminiscent pattern and studded pleather belt, it was far from boring, while still being in my favorite circle of colors (neutral, neutrals, neutrals!).

Now: these heels. While listening to The ChickPeeps (an adorable podcast led by Evanna Lynch) I heard an interview with the founder of VEERAH Shoes, a luxury vegan shoe brand that makes their leather out of -get this- apple peels. Not only is the product cruelty-free, it's also sustainable, leaning on byproducts from the apple juice industry. Oh, and to top it all off, the shoes look beautiful. Confidence up 100% in these beauties... enough, even, to walk up on stage for an award.




Comments

Popular Posts