Outfit 011 | Galaxy's Edge


From a galaxy far, far away-- more specifically Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios, I have returned a seasoned pilot of the Millennium Falcon and lover of blue milk. I will be the first to admit that my boyfriend's outfit was much better themed & overall badass (if you don't take my word for it, Rey complimented it) but I'm still happy with what I managed to pull together from my closet for a nod to Han Solo. Dress for the job you want, right?


The first thing to know about Batuu is that there are three suns- aka it's so freakin hot. Protection from the sun while also being very lightweight made this button-up safari blouse an easy choice. Other common elements around Black Spire Outpost are lots of laces, earth tones, and a variety of different fabrics. The lace-up on this skirt had just enough of a modern edge to bring some interest an otherwise basic outfit. And of course, boots were a must; this humble pair of Target children's boots went full circle, walking Galaxy's Edge when it was still a construction site, and returning again to the immersive trading outpost it is today.

My hair was inspired by Leia on Hoth (although I have nothing against some classic space-buns), and my favorite unintentional component were the earrings. I originally chose them for their beaded, artisan-created feel -- but a second look made me exclaim "lightsabers!" and run-out of the room to proudly show my boyfriend my unintentional genius (it was well received).

While my outfit wasn't Rey-approved, he didn't have lightsaber earrings. So, there.







Comments

Popular Posts