Very Good Vegetarian | Favorite Foods 002


If there is one thing that I love with unwavering consistency, it's food. One could say I am a very food-motivated person, and there is nothing that makes me happier than eating one of my favorite meals or going out to try somewhere new. Along with food, trying new restaurants means adventuring to new places-- be it Garp & Fuss, a beautifully hipster restaurant complete with atrium; or a different country entirely, like Peru. Food is so fun! It's a way to try new things, spend time with the ones you love, and show love (at least for me).

Keep on reading to find out more about the foods I've loved this past month...

The dish above is lovingly called Ma's Fav from Garp & Fuss, and is a perfectly winning combo of butternut squash ravioli, brown butter, and fried sage. You really can't go wrong.  By the end of dinner I don't think there was a morsel of this left on my plate.


Impossible Sliders
In the previous installment of Very Good Vegetarian, I mentioned that Impossible & Beyond Meat products were becoming more common (especially in Disney parks) and to my surprise I stumbled upon this iteration by happy accident. I was actually expecting to eat a different veggie option at Nomad's Lounge at Disney's Animal Kingdom, but was very happy to find these sliders instead. 

P.S. I would be amiss to forget the co-star of this meal-- the beautifully golden brown yucca fries.


Quinoa Arancini
I only briefly mentioned food in my Peru Photo Diary (not that I couldn't write a whole post on papa a la huancaina) and that's because being vegetarian in Peru was a challenge. That being said, the food I did eat was all spectacular. We were told by passerby that the food at Incontri del Pueblo Viejo -located in Aguas Calientes - was good, and it did not disappoint. This particular dish was as surprising as it was beautiful: the sauce was mango-based and so delicious. 

This restaurant also gets props for the fanciest water I've ever consumed: pure from the Andean mountains. 



Alfajor
Continuing with delicious foods eaten in Peru, my snack of choice after climbing Wayna Picchu was this beautiful cookie. I'm not sure this photo captures it's massive scale (which was much appreciated at the time). For those who don't know, and alfajor is a cornmeal based sandwich cookie with dulce de leche in the middle. I highly recommend them post-workout.



Fried Banana Split
And finally, for something homemade. From the recipe book The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson (more to come on that in an upcoming Recently Read review) this dessert uses regular pantry items, took about 5 minutes to make, and was life-altering. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is one of the best desserts I've both made and had. Cinnamon, butter, and banana is just foolproof.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it! I'm sure I had a lot more amazing food this past month (I mean, I had a Disneyland churro, come on) but these were the meals that made the biggest impression on my food-loving heart! Also--I'm sure I can't be the only one who loves food this much-- what's the best food you've experienced?

Comments

Popular Posts