Outfit 010


This year, I had only one birthday request: get super fancy and eat good food. Thanks to my lovingly obliging family; my wish came true. We had dinner at Capa, the beautiful restaurant at the even more beautiful Four Seasons Orlando. Quick aside-- the vegetarian eggplant dish here is astounding. Okay--back to the Four Seasons. Seriously, I like to spend time here just to pretend like I'm in the tax bracket that regulars this place (one day, *sigh*). That's what special occasions are all about though! At least for me-- birthdays, holidays, any celebration really-- are all about a reason to dress up.



Going a little out of my comfort zone, I chose a fitted wrap style dress with knotted front. The color, a cross between olive and seafoam green, didn't come across very well in photos; but combined with the silky feel of the fabric, was my favorite. I've also noticed I've taken a strong liking to wearing my hair up with more formal clothing. As someone with admittedly big hair, I guess it's just a way to let the outfit be the star. The real star of this show, however, is this necklace. An unexpected but beautiful gift, it caught the light constantly, and added just the right level of over-the-top that this outfit needed.

I also had another reason to wear these heels, featured in my Rhode Island Gala Outfit-- and now my favorite pair of shoes. Michael Kors, you really nailed it with these. They are so elegantly sparkly-- because the sparkle is woven into the fabric-- giving a gloriously chain-mail edge to them.

I think my main point is I won't make these shoes wait until my next birthday to be worn again. Oh, and sparkles.





Comments

Popular Posts