CauseBox | Fall Welcome Review


I have done my very best to avoid the trend & resist the pull of the subscription box. In most cases, this has been fairly easy- they are either too specific and repetitive (where I feel like I won't use everything) or too vague to catch my interest. This was until I saw an ad for CauseBox.  Offering what looks to be a carefully-curated variety of sustainable and ethical (and beautiful) products-- I had finally met the one subscription box that my shopping-heart couldn't resist.


Before I dive into pros, cons & thoughts on specific products- I just want to say that I really appreciate the concept of this box. Introducing more shoppers to ethical items is such a wonderful mission. CauseBox brings sustainable products to consumers in such an approachable and easy way- with absolutely no extra work or research required -- so thank you for doing good work, CauseBox, and on with the review!

The upside
A lot of the reasons why I loved my first CauseBox are already listed above- but I just want to highlight a few more great things. Upon opening the box- you are greeted with a welcome card and small catalogue-of-sorts. These are beautifully designed- and don't only detail the product, but also go into the background of the companies, their mission and the cause each supports. Everything about this box feels completely authentic to their message-- and that is such a breath of fresh air in a fast-consuming world.

The downside
I have one major criticism of the box: shipping. Now, I know some may just chalk this up to my impatience, but this box took an incredibly long time to get to me. I placed my order in early October, and it did not ship until Thanksgiving. In all fairness, the company posted frequent updates on their social media channels- but there are two reasons this wasn't quite enough for me. The first is that they set more expectations of ship dates that were missed. Secondly, I had to seek out the updates. If I hadn't, I would have no idea what was going on with the status of my order. All of that said, I am happy that they received more orders than expected and have great hope that this will improve in the future!

Now, time for item reviews.


Bloom & Give: Cotton Scarf
Starting with one of my favorite items from this box- this scarf is the perfect weight for Florida, who's winter is really just a more tame summer. This scarf is absolutely beautiful and incredibly soft. The color and pattern is perfectly versatile and I could see it going with many an outfit. 9/10

Soko: Bow Earrings
Speaking of favorites- these earrings are probably my MVP of this box. They are elegantly designed and the quality is apparent. I am incredibly picky with earrings- they have to have the right amount of support and be non-irritating for sensitive ears- and I am really looking forward to wearing these ALL. THE. TIME. 10/10 Obsessed.



RealHer: Eyeshadow Palette
These colors in this palette are earth-toned and very pretty. They are creamy with a really nice pigmentation, and they blend beautifully. The palette itself is also really nice- with a huge mirror and magnetic closure. I haven't worn them enough to comment on wear-time, but I am excited to test them out more often & they will be joining my daily rotation of eye makeup. 8/10

Zoya: Nail Polish
While its too early for me to review the nail polish itself- I can say that the colors are beautiful and I may be planning on painting my nails tonight...


PF Candle Co: Soy Candle (Sandalwood & Rose)
Another case of too early to completely judge- but this candle smells amazing, looks beautiful and is a candle- so I'm about 99% sure I'll love it.


Scentuals: Grapefruit & Tumeric Hand Cream
The smell of this alone earns it rave reviews. It is so wonderfully citrusy in a completely non-artificial way. The cream applies in a thick layer but absorbs so quickly and doesn't feel greasy at all. P.S. this tube is much larger than I would normally expect in a subscription box. 9/10

October Jaipur: Vegan Leather Clutch
Definitely the most disappointing item in the box- this clutch is not bad, it's just not very good. Maybe I have too high of expectations from some extremely beautiful vegan leather bags that I already own, but this clutch is just a little lackluster. The finish was slightly damaged with what looks like glue, and it had a strong plastic smell. On the plus side- the pockets incorporated into the design are great and the clean minimalist style makes it great for everyone. 6/10

Yali Ziv: Postcard Print
I don't have much to say about this other than ~I love it~. The idea of being introduced to a new artist via a postcard print is so fun. 10/10 


And there you have it, a full review of the Fall Welcome CauseBox!  I did keep my subscription for the Winter Box, and am anxious to see how it compares to this one. If it gets much better I may never be able to cancel....



Comments

Popular Posts