New Experiences | Disney Professional Internship


Well hello there, it’s been a while. You know when some huge change is about to happen and you promise to yourself that you’ll be sure to do “this” or that there’s no way you’ll forget to do “that”. Guilty as charged. I told myself before I made the leap moving to Florida and starting my Disney Professional Internship that I would be sure to record my experiences here so I could have concrete memories. Counting the days, it’s been about a month since I left Oregon and I’ve done nothing of the sort. Time for that to change, wouldn’t you think?

My life has been so weird. I say this honestly- but also happily- because it’s been weird in the best way. Everything is a change, everything is new, and therefore everything can be exciting. I unfortunately cannot say much about exactly what I’ve been doing because I’m absolutely sworn to security policies, however, I can give very vague overviews. I am working with the New Experiences team in Product Strategy, helping to come up with exciting types of products that have never been seen before- sometimes in parks that have never been seen before either. My days are absolutely immersed in Star Wars and Avatar facts, images, stories… and it is so amazing. Yes, it’s a job and of course it’s not all glamorous; but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that this would be my life.
I spend evenings after work in Disney parks, whenever I want. Whenever I want.  Just yesterday I went to Hollywood Studios specifically just to buy a (gorgeous) Costumes book and then left. Who does that? On weekends I go over to Universal and get to pretend I’m a witch in the Wizarding World (sorry West Coast- ya need a Diagon Alley bad).  I have met some amazing people and hope to continue to push my introverted self to be social and meet some more. I do miss all my Oregonians and long for some evergreen and a varied landscape- and hope everyone can forgive my coast swap. Even living in a giant playground doesn’t beat the beauty of the PNW.
Now that I’ve ripped of the proverbial band-aid, maybe I will be better about updating here. I’m obviously not going to make any promises, we’ve seen how that goes. In the meantime, know that I am out here, learning, having fun, and feeling so grateful for all the love and support that I have been given. Like my new personal pal Mickey says: I’ll see ya real soon!










Comments

Popular Posts