Loss, Adjusting to Grief & Change


2016. It was a year. I think we all can agree that this year chewed up and spit out a lot of us. It was a year of trials & tumult & loss. It was a year of being tested and tempered in fires of change. I hope to have come out stronger from this suffering, and into a new year of better things.


Nearing the end of the year things began to look up. I was offered the Disney Professional Internship, we had a big family reunion, and Christmas was coming. But then, big 2016 had to prove it was not a good year. I lost my Iris. She passed suddenly and out of nowhere. It has been a day-by-day journey of highs and lows. Moments where I forget and then the remembering comes and cuts me like a knife. For people like me, who create such strong bonds with animal companions, I know you understand. I appreciate you. I am adjusting to life with this grief.

This year can also be viewed as a year of changes. Both good and bad. Change is scary, but necessary in living any life worthwhile. As it gets closer to Christmas, I am in full move-prep mode. I leave to drive across the country shortly after the New Year. It is terrifying and exciting at the same time. My goal is to remain hopeful for better things ahead. I am a huge believer in the idea that your life is mostly what you make it to be. I hope to make 2017 a year of experience. I aim to live every moment fully and soak everything in this new environment in. I want to learn and evolve and become a true version of myself.

I look forward to writing about my experiences here. Writing has always helped me process my life and the things that happen both in and out of my control. I look ahead to opportunities of better things.


Comments

Popular Posts