Life Update | Disney Professional Internship


Let me just tell you, things have been unbelievable around here. In late October I took a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood & Disneyland (of course), and while in Universal I received a phone call offering me a Disney Professional Internship. I swear I spent the remainder of the day in a half-aware state. I will be working for The MOUSE.  Starting January, I will officially be a Merchandise Development intern with The Disney Company in Florida. And yes, I am still in a whirlwind of complete disbelief.


According to my job description I will be....
"Contributing with Product conception, sample coordination, external and internal communication, art requests; item number creation and product integrity testing. Providing and researching market trends and innovations to support guest experiences through merchandise."
To accept a position so closely related to my degree within such a short time from my graduation truly has me counting my blessings. Not to mention with Disney of all places.  The application and interview process spanned over such a large portion of the middle of this year that I don't think it ever fully dawned on me that it could end in an offer.  I am so excited to have the opportunity to apply my studies in a practical setting with a company so omnipresent and impactful. I guess entry to all the Walt Disney World parks and proximity to them is also pretty nice- I fully plan on going to a park at least once a week....

It's going to be a wild ride adjusting to life with at least three roommates completely across the country (the alligators are real), but I am so ready for it. As each day draws closer to my start date, at least another ten things are added to my endless list, but I have to keep reminding myself that this will be an experience. It will be an invaluable experience that will hopefully teach me many things about both my career and myself. After all, “laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.”


Comments

Popular Posts