Outfit 49 | Happy Holidays

 


The holidays are a little different for me this year. We are less than three weeks from the wedding, so while I usually go all out for Christmas, it was quieter this year. I celebrated with my parents from afar, but the unusually chilly weather made me feel more at home. I'm feeling very grateful this holiday season and so excited for what's to come.

Despite the seemingly ever-growing to-do list for the wedding (you make one decision and four more regenerate it its place), I was able to maintain the now three-year tradition of making my Christmas outfit. I pattern-tested the Mona Dress, and knew it would be a perfect dress for the day. I chose a plaid acyclic, my first time sewing with this type of fabric. It gave the dress a nice structure and weight for winter weather. I had a feeling it would be great layered, and thanks to the thirty degree temperatures, I was able to confirm.

Happy Happy Holidays to you & yours. Feeling hopeful for the new year, and (wow!) the next time I write, I'll be married!

Pattern: The Mona Dress by Schultz Apparel






Comments

Popular Posts