Outfit 42 | Sewing Project | Daydreams

I'm struggling to begin, I'm too distracted by the view to my right. Floor-to-ceiling windows open up to a view of Wekiva Springs, peaceful and sunny on this Saturday morning. We've already seen a curious squirrel, a hawk who landed and made direct eye contact, and an alligator, of course. It should all be inspiring, and it is, but it's inspiring in a way that makes me want to daydream the day away. But in the moments I manage to peel my eyes away I want to document my most recent sewing project, the Viola Dress by Schultz Apparel, which also makes me daydreamy. Putting on this dress makes me want to pack a picnic basket and find a shady tree to relax under for a while. Reading, watching, letting my mind wander to serene places.

I think it must be something about the fabric I chose, which is admittedly very reminiscent of picnic, but I also think it is the vintage inspiration. It just feels so romantic: the tie sleeves, the shape of the bodice, the way the skirt falls. It really is the perfect summer dress. It has a few mix-and-match options within the pattern as well, and I plan on making more.

A bag full of yarn and a crochet hook await me. I can sit myself in front of these windows and create. I didn't haul my sewing machine along on this getaway, but I have been wanting to get back to crochet. The rhythm and repetition is perfectly calming, and conveniently allows for some reverie, so long as you don't lose count. Too bad I can't recruit the help of all of my animal friends outside to keep track for me. Only in my daydreams. 



Comments

Popular Posts