Outfit 36 | Sewing Project | Long Legs



As I sit writing this, I'm cramming my face with Take5 bars, attempting to ward off any post-Thanksgiving blues after dropping my parents at the airport. It was so nice to have them here, and the moments where we just shared space and each other's company were my favorite. I was even able to do some sewing and finish this pair of pants during a cozy night in, Ted Lasso on the tv and much snacking in the background. We love snacks.

I also love these pants. They are light, airy, and perfect for a place where even winter isn't exactly cold. But they are also drama, with their very wide leg and front pleats. This project was an easy one, and the only mistake made (and one that I have consistently made) was forgetting to shorten the length of the legs-- being around other short people apparently increased my opinion of my height. By the time I realized that these were about five inches too longs, basic construction was already done. Now I have some nice striped fabric scraps ready to become a pocket or lining.

In my mission to 'wear more of the things I make' I set a goal to have these finished before our grand finale Epcot excursion- and I made it! It was a lovely cool day, and these wonderful pants only amplified the happiness of five days off of work and uninterrupted time with my loved ones.

What more could you ask for from a pair of pants?








Comments

Popular Posts