Outfit 028 | Sewing Project

Here's to the perfect combinations: salty & sweet, potatoes & anything, cats & windowsills, comfy & cute. This top falls perfectly into that last category. This is the Boleyn top from Stitch Witch Patterns that I was lucky enough to be on the testing team for (queue dueling feelings of 'wow! I'm a real sewist' and that bugger Imposter Syndrome). I was so excited (and nervous) to do my first ever pattern test, and I couldn't have picked a better one to start with -- this top is literally two pieces, which helped me get over some of the anxiety caused by my lack of experience sewing with knits. Pair the nerves with fighting my machine during this project, and by the time I was trying this top on, I'm fairly sure I was beaming. 

I absolutely love this top. I really want to make a solid white one, because I bet it could be worn with everything. Jeans? Yes. Skirt? Yes, Layered under a pinafore or overalls? Yes. I love the drama of the gathered sleeve and the stretch knit makes it so comfy. I really need to start stocking my closet with more comfortable clothing outside of yoga gear. It does exist! This shirt is case in point. 

So as of this very moment, as I type, I vow to make it my goal to make more comfortable clothing that will (hopefully) inspire me to change out of sweats. What a fitting goal for this year.


Comments

Popular Posts