Outfit 013 | Vintage Inspired


While spending the holidays in Oregon, we spent a day at the coast (as required by law, and yes I made the law). For the now *second year in a row* the weather has been abnormally beautiful (not that anyone is complaining).  I was feeling a little under the weather despite the lack of wind and freezing temps -- and that paired with a mandatory viewing of Elf the night before, plus some inspiration from the last roaring 20s (the 1920s), led to this outfit -- bucket hat and all.

I have been vehemently against the recent return of the bucket hat (the only exception before this was babies, babies will always and forever look cute in bucket hats). That was until I stumbled upon this faux fur, cloche-bucket hat hybrid and threw away all my prejudice. It felt appropriate to wear as we enter the new 20s; in the 1920's cloche hats were all the rage. 
Also, Zooey Deschanel in a bucket hat in Elf.  Full stop.

Working around the hat, I chose to keep everything else fairly simple and warm. One of the best things about going somewhere were it drops below 50 degrees is layering. Oh, layering, how I miss you. For this outfit I layered a faux fur cardigan, basic scoop neck sweater, and black jeans. Cozy, simple, with a cheeky nod to our hopefully stylish entrance into to 2020s. 

Happy New Year- wishing you a year of love, creativity, happiness and growth! 










Comments

Popular Posts