Photo Diary 006 | Blue Ridge, GA


This past weekend brought me an adventure into the mountains of Georgia, to a cabin in the adorable town of Blue Ridge, Georgia. The cabin was stunning, only accessible by a steep path up the mountain-- but the real highlight of the trip were the views it provided. There is nothing more peaceful than the serene quiet that life in the mountains brings, and I gladly would have stayed there for quite some time.


The trip began with a road-trip, with quick stops in Atlanta and the local orchard, before we reached our cozy cabin destination. In addition to sprawling fields of fruit trees, Mercier Orchard  had the most amazing local market. We loaded up on hand-pies, pecan brittle, peach wine -- and it was all delicious.

Other highlights of the trip included a hike to Fall Branch Falls, and a beautiful sunny afternoon stroll around downtown Blue Ridge. Though, like I mentioned at the beginning, the best parts of the trip were when we didn't have any plans. I started each morning with yoga out on the balcony, relaxed in the sunshine & listened the sound of wind rustle through the trees, took the most amazing bath I think I will ever take in my life, and stepped outside late at night to marvel at the stars and just take a moment.

It was in these moments that I realized how much I need these small breaks from the everyday. Mountain life, hikes, and crisp air used to be my norm, and since moving somewhere flat and sunny, I hadn't fully realized how much I missed it.  This trip felt like more than a mini-vacation; it felt like hitting the reset button; a clarifying breath of feeling at home-- somewhere brand new.













Comments

Popular Posts