Outfit 007



Occasionally, I will dabble in wearing a color. Still- the okay-color-wheel is limited- and notice I said "a color", nothing plural here. Red happens to be one of my approved colors. Maybe it's the fact that it is such a power color and I just can't deny myself the feeling. I also think that I may mentally justify by keeping the rest of a color-feature outfit fairly basic and neutral: see above. This kind of outfit is an introvert's power move.


Along with the power of color theory, there is a sorcery to a good pair of jeans. These jeans possess the denim witchcraft - and are my current absolute favorite pair. The rise is just high enough to lengthen my short legs (why is my torso so disproportionately long?!) and the fabric has enough stretch to be comfortable without feeling cheap. They are perfect and I only pray that they hold up for many, many more wears.

Finally, what would this outfit be without the off-the-shoulder. I am so excited that bare-shoulder styles are regaining mass-market popularity. Just like a high-rise jean, I feel like off-the-shoulder tops do a fantastic job at emphasizing the space between your shoulder and neck, creating the uber-femme, uber-pretty long neck illusion (file under personal style notes: fashionable brontosaurus).

This outfit was taken to Morimoto Asia, which has got to be the most aesthetically-pleasing restaurant in Disney Springs. From the light-up exterior and giant chandeliers to the sweeping curved architecture throughout- its a foodie's (and Instragram-fanatic's) dream. If you're ever in the area- get a little dressed up and make a reservation. You deserve it.



Top - amazon
Jeans - just black
Shoes - Steve Madden
Bag - Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion Collection



Comments

Popular Posts