Outfit 64 | Blake Skirt


I can’t resist the siren song of a unique pattern, but I am still drawn (in concept) to sewing more staple pieces. My latest project, the ever-so-cute Blake Skirt, satisfies the want of both. 

This is also the first project I’ve worked on with one of my birthday presents. Yes, I am finally in possession of a serger. After getting over the initial intimidation of threading the machine, I was absolutely blown away by my new speed of finishing seams. I am also proud to say that I have had to re-thread both of the bottom loopers since and I did both first try, no big deal. I’ve yet to serge an actual seam, one scary new thing at a time.

 

I’m obsessed with the elevation the front side pleats give this otherwise simple skirt, and pleats are so satisfying to make! I’d rather sew a neat pleat than rows of gathering stiches any day.

 

With the addition of this second machine, I need to re-evaluate the layout of the sewing studio/guest room. Both machines on one table feels a little crowded, and it’s probably time to do a little energetic clean-up anyway. I want to create a space that feels like a little cottage, quiet, peaceful, and place for creating. With spring turning to early summer, I'm drawn more than ever to this life in my mind. Working with the cool earth on a warm day, a breeze through an open window, dappled sunlight during an afternoon read... For now, I'll work on create a space that captures similar energy.

 

 

Pattern: The Blake Skirt by Jessilous Patterns




Comments

Popular Posts