Outfit 67 | Wrapping Up August



September has arrived, which means we are welcoming the last chapter of summer. To wrap up August, I had to make one more picnic-inspired, sunshine-summer gingham project. And what better than the Jill Wrap Skirt. Comfortable, easily wearable, and it has a bow.

This skirt was a quick project with a few very nice extra touches. The darts on the front and back give the skirt a flattering shape and it has the option of being fully-lined. Not only does this eliminate any opportunity for sheerness (which I'm always extra aware of when making bottoms) but it also eliminated the need to any seam-finishing, as all the seams in this project are enclosed, either through lining or attaching the bias-tape ties.

Oh, the bias tape ties. Bias tape is not difficult to make, nothing in this pattern was difficult, but it is so tedious. Multiple folds and passes of an iron over feet of fabric is not necessarily my favorite part of sewing. I've made a handful of projects this year that used bias tape, and this was the one that has finally pushed me to buy a bias-tape maker. The little gadgets seriously cost $5, I don't know why I've waited this long. 

I'll wave goodbye to lovingly almost burning my fingertips making bias tape, and to summer as we move on to the next season, even though it will be hot until January in the swamp.

Pattern: Jill Wrap Skirt by Jessilous Patterns


Comments

Popular Posts