Outfit 54 | Donny Shirt

The collar construction on this shirt is the most unique I've put together yet, and I really like the relaxed look it gives an otherwise structured shirt. While sewing the collar, I had to make a choice when I saw a little bubbling on the front of the shirt when I revealed the finished collar and folded it out: do I unstitch an hour of work and start over, or accept the imperfection and embrace the irregularity that comes with learning? Such a hard choice for me, that I brought Terrence in as counsel. He encouraged me to keep going, and hard as it is for me to not be perfect at everything I do instantly, keep going I did. Will it needle at me a little every time I wear this shirt? Probably. But my hope is that overtime that feeling will dim.

Pattern: Donny Shirt by Friday Pattern Company







Comments

Popular Posts