Outfit 53 | Feeling (Fabric) Scrappy



I have a lot of ideas running through my head for sewing projects, and about half of them I've found fabrics for. This tends to happen, my inspiration to sew coming in waves. I wish it were more constant, but I'm working hard to not frame this time as a chore. It's a time of expression and art and unity with myself. Not. Work. My two latest projects came on like Oregon-coast crashing waves, I found myself with so much motivation to make them, and such joy throughout the process. One was this jumpsuit, made of some leftover + short yardage that's been sitting in my stash for a while, and the other was a plush goose I made for my new nephew.

I did not intentionally pick the two coziest fabrics in my stash, but what a happy happenstance. This is one of the comfiest things I've ever made and I was so proud of the seam matching between the top and bottom (first try)! It's the perfect piece to wear for a lounge-y home day or running errands. Something about making something with the purpose of being comfortable somehow made me more daring with fabric choices that would typically make me uncomfortable. Maybe it's growth, maybe it's learning to care less about the outcome, but whatever it is, it came naturally and I welcome it.


Pattern: B6220




Mr. Goose as a bonus. Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts