Photo Diary | Honeymoon Part 1 - Amsterdam


Our wedding and honeymoon have both come and gone, and I have made and captured memories that are absolutely beautiful. My mother told me the last time she visited Amsterdam that she could happily move there, and now that I have also made the trip, I can say that it must be something genetic. Terrence and I both loved our time in the Netherlands, with such depth of places to explore and the best fries (frites!) on the planet. I'm already dreaming of our next vist.

This view! The note! The flowers! The dessert! We were upgraded and clearly spoiled by the Hilton Amsterdam.

Shall I repeat myself? Best fries = Frietbotique. Run to them.


We crossed this quiet canal ever morning on our way to the trams.

Rijksmuseum (and I am so happy to be wearing winter clothes).


It snowed pretty much the entire time we were at Artis Zoo. It was unique and magical, plus we saw a red panda.

Sitting waiting for the performance to begin at Concertgebouw.

More Rijksmuseum beauty.


Got to break out a Christmas gift from Terrence.


The library at Rijksmuseum. No additional words needed.


Rijksmuseum. We were so sleepy due to the time change, have you ever been to a museum at what your body believes to be 4am?


Botanical Gardens. Cute.

I want to live in a giant greenhouse.

Canal Tour during the Amsterdam Light Festival.

Poffertjes are the perfect breakfast. That butter melted beautifully.

Flower vendor and a market (where the goal was poffertjes).

The fabled Fable Friet. I consumed so many potatoes. 

With our tulips from National Tulip day. We picked them from rows and rows of tulips given to the public on Museumplein.

Yes, I felt like a fictional character in a book.

Ice skating! I did not need to use the chair, but moved at a snails pace. Not our sport.

The palace tour was incredible, the surprise of the trip.

Sculpture of Atlas.

On the famous balcony where the royal family can occasionally be seen.

So much cheese. We got cheese sandwiches here (incredible).

It's still early, so most of the famous tulips are still bulbs.

The first and only stroopwafel of the trip.

Mine was covered in crunchy hazelnut.

He got a new coat. I love it maybe more than he does.

This was my favorite dinner in Amsterdam. We had the tasting menu, with so many amazing small dishes. This was a common theme across the trip.

It was incredibly hard to leave, but London awaited us!

Comments

Popular Posts