Outfit 57 | Calvin Crop

I've most likely said this before, but the season I miss the most in this place mostly devoid of distinguishable seasonal change is without question, fall. Memories of the start of a new school year as a child, the warm colors outside jarringly different from the chilly temperature the night of Halloween that made us all have to find creative ways to stay warm while trick-or-treating. But while during this chapter of my life I am taking a break from my beloved fall, there are a few beautiful things to come out of eternal summer.

I planted a new rose, shipped here from an Oregon farm at the end of September. Here we are at the end of October, and new blooms just keep appearing. Another transplant that can learn to thrive in an unfamiliar environment. I'm also able to work through the long list of summer sewing projects that have run over due to my overflowing ambition, and not have to wait half a year to wear them. I made this top out of scraps from a shirt I made Terrence earlier this year. Resourceful, and there's something that's just so cute to me that we have coordinating closets. It sewed up in a little more than a day, and gave me lots more practice at sewing self-fabric bias tape.

Maybe I should start making sleeveless things in tartans and plaids, adapt my dream season to what's real.


Pattern: Calvin Crop by Jessikous Patterns




Comments

Popular Posts