Outfit 61 | Donny II (With a Bow)

I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to pretty things and pretty ideas. I want to hoard them in a safe place, sometimes afraid to use them lest it be for the wrong purpose and  wasted. I'm a dragon on top of a hoard of unfished projects and procrastinated ideas. To combat this dragon, I'm reaching back into my leftover fabrics, and looking at patterns I've sewn before but in new variations or in this case, a transformative and on-trend hack. This version of the Donny Shirt splits the center front and adds a line of ties, which means we get to be blessed by bows once again.

This is the second time I've made the Donny Shirt, and I had the same struggles with this one that I did the first time around: excess fabric on the right side of the fabric around the facing, and puckering on one sleeve. I know that I could fix these things by resewing until I get them right, but I don't think I'm on the level of skill yet where that would be productive rather than discouraging. For now, I'm just letting the little flaws go. With practice, I'm betting on them becoming fewer in what I deem a finished project. For the right now, this shirt is exactly what I wanted, a dream-wardrobe manifestation  made with my own hands.


Pattern: Tie-up Front Donny Shirt Hack by Friday Pattern Co


Comments

Popular Posts