Outfit 60 | Bernadette Skirt


The Bernadette Skirt takes a pretty basic a-line skirt, and adds lots of fun details to make it a special piece. The front has opposing pairs of pleats, the back has darts, and of course, look at that belt bag! I was inspired by all it's little oddities to go with a contrasting top-stitch and I am so pleased with how it turned out. I made this skirt out of a nice mid-weight plain cotton weave, but the contrast stitch gives it a denim look without the weight. This pattern introduced me to bag-making, and now I don't think I can stop. As I type this there is an in-progress Bestie Bag sitting on the floor of my sewing room. This little belt bag is fully lined (I chose a pretty floral pattern, why not) and has a zipper pocket as well as a snap. This skirt doesn't have typical pockets, but it still has a very cute home for bits and bobs.

The pattern has two length options, a mini and a midi, but being on the shorter side (5'1"ish) I decided to go for a length in between the two. This gave me a true midi length for my height, and I'm happy with the modification. Next time I make this skirt I'll take the waist measurement in a little so I can wear it more around my true waist. With the current measurements it sits on the low waist, which isn't the most flattering cut for my body. That being said, this particular iteration will still makes its way into regular wear (because look at it, how could it not?).

Pattern: Bernadette Skirt by Friday Pattern Company

Comments

Popular Posts